The Swoop Suit is an FS suit that is named after swooping (during freefall, not under canopy). This is the action of a skydiver swooping (diving) down and braking at the appropriate altitude.
The Swoop Suit is our most versatile RW suit because of all the options to adjust the fall-rate. With one suit, it is possible to change the fall rate from a fast fall, with spandex forearms and a disengaged swoop cord; to a slow fall, with slip on sleeves and an engaged swoop cord. It is not necessary to get spandex sleeves and slip on's if a slower fall rate is intended.
- Front and Sides of suit: most commonly 4-Ply. Can be substituted at no cost with Supplex or Slick Nylon. More information on Fabrics & Materials.
- Back of suit : Spandex
- Forearms: most commonly 4-Ply.Can be substituted at no cost with Supplex. Substitute with Spandex for less drag.
- Open Leg (no cuffs or booties)
- Small or Medium Arm Grips, 4-Ply or Supplex.
- Large Pocket, inside chest. Reaches from center zipper to side seam, can easily fit a cellphone.
- Small Pocket, left bicep. Can hold earplugs, tic tacs, etc.
- Standard collar.